Pumpkin and Feta Fritters
These Pumpkin & Feta Fritters are life changing. The perfect breakfast alternative to bread – nutrient dense, all natural and preservative free. They are even nut free, so perfectly lunchbox and allergy friendly. Make a batch this weekend and kickstart Monday with nourishing whole foods.
- 2 cups grated raw pumpkin
- 1/4 cup Goat’s feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp psyllium*
- 1 large handful coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 2 eggs, free range
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Coconut oil, for shallow frying
- To a large bowl, add grated pumpkin, feta, coconut flour, psyllium, coriander and chilli flakes. *Yes, you need psyllium. It helps to bind in gluten free recipes. Grab some from your local health food store or the health food section of the supermarket.
- In a separate bow, beat eggs and add to the above mixture. Combine well.
- Form medium balls, moulding each well with your hands.
- Heat coconut oil in a small frypan, flatten the fritters and shallow fry, flipping half way with an egg-flip. Repeat for additional fritters, adding more coconut oil each time.
- If you are just serving one, you may like to store remaining fritters in the fridge and fry fresh as required. Leftovers will keep for a couple of days.