Chunky Roast Tomato Soup Recipe
This soup is packed with roasted tomatoes, fresh herbs, and garlic, making it both flavourful and nutritious. The best part? This soup can be made in advance and stored in the fridge or freezer for a quick and easy meal.
- 800 g ripe tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tsp olive oil/spray
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 handful coriander leaves & stem, chopped
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 slices of sourdough bread (approx. 96g total)
- 1 tsp butter
- Halve 650g of the tomatoes, place on a lined tray & drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar & season.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 200 degrees.
- In the meantime, finely cut up the carrot, onion & garlic and gently fry with the remaining 2 tsp of oil.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan and let it simmer.
- When the tomatoes are ready, add to the pot and give it a good mix to help break up the tomatoes (you can pick out the skins at this stage if you don’t like them but it’s fine to leave them in)
- Stir through the chopped coriander incl. stems for some crunch, top with the reserved diced tomatoes
- Serve with a slice of lightly buttered sourdough toast – Yummy !