Anti-Inflammatory Cauliflower Soup
High in antioxidants, phytonutrients, fibre, potassium and B vitamins, cauliflower is a true superfood.It is not only anti-inflammatory, but detoxifying and anti-aging, and it helps to reduce your risk for diseases caused by oxidative stress, such as cardiovascular diseases and cancer. The addition of turmeric, ginger and chilli to this soup, really turns up the anti-inflammatory punch, making it perfect for exercise recovery. Just divine served with a side of Gluten Free Sweet Potato Bread.
- 1/2 cauliflower, floreted
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 3 cups bone broth/water
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1-2 tbsp fresh chilli, chopped
- 1 can organic coconut cream
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- herbs of your choice, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Coat cauliflower in a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil and roast for 20-30 minutes or until lightly golden
- Heat remaining oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until golden.
- Add broth or water, roasted cauliflower, herbs and spices. Bring to the boil then simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Blend until smooth and return to pan, add coconut cream and heat slowly until hot. Taste test and feel free to add more spice if desired.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to three days and reheat on the stove as required.
- Fresh herbs of your choice for garnish.