This delicious treat is super easy to make, a little goes a loooong way, and it beats any processed little devil you might be tempted to buy. Keep it in your fridge or freezer but have no more than one per day!
- 1 cup cashews
- 8 Medjool dates*
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 2 heaped tablespoons raw cacao
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- Combine cashews, dates, coconut flakes and cacao in a blender or food processor and combine well.
- Pour into a bowl, add rice malt syrup and coconut oil and mix thoroughly.
- Press into a lined square cake tin and freeze for 20-30 minutes. I like to use the back of a spoon to ensure a firm and evenly spread mixture.
- Remove from freezer and slice into 8-10 bar sized slices.
- Store in the freezer (or fridge) in an airtight container. Be mindful that the coconut oil will melt, so these are best eaten cold. Enjoy.
*For a low fructose version, omit the dates. You may just need a touch more rice malt syrup to help the mixture bind.
Makes 12 serves at about 185 calories per serve.