Steph Lowe, our resident Nutritionist shares her top ten food preparation tips to make healthy eating both easy and delicious.
- Wash spinach leaves or your favourite salad mix and store in the fridge to start the week.
- Chop vegetable sticks for a fantastic snack with nut butter or homemade guacamole.
- Hard-boil some eggs for a really simple high protein snack on the go.
- Roast vegetables in coconut oil and a touch of salt to add to your salads for extra bulk and flavour. Great choices are sweet potato, beetroot and zucchini.
- Bake extra chicken fillets in the oven on Monday night while making dinner – that way you’ll have enough to last until Friday!
- Make a double serve of a really simple stir-fry so you have leftovers for lunch the next day. All you need is coconut oil, tamari, fresh garlic, chilli, your choice of protein and whatever vegetables you like!
- Cook a batch of quinoa on a Sunday to add to your salads, or to make a cold bircher for a delicious sugar free breakfast option.
- Prepare containers of nuts and seeds so you have a quick snack ready to go, or breakfast when combined with a piece of fruit.
- Bake our Grain Free Chocchini Bread. We shared this recipe with you last month and it is now a huge favourite!
- Make a batch of ‘Egg Cups’. Simply whisk twelve eggs, salt, pepper and your favourite vegetables, pour into lightly greased muffin trays and bake for 15-20 minutes at 150°C (or until cooked through). You can really use any vegetables you like – a great way to use up those that are no longer at their optimal freshness.
Do you have any other tips you would like to add to the list?