Rhubarb Coconut Muffins
These Rhubarb coconut muffins are easy to make and perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a snack on the go. Serve these muffins warm with a pat of butter or a drizzle of honey for a delicious and satisfying treat.
- 170 g rhubarb, cut into 2cm lengths
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup puffed amaranth
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100 ml skim milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Place rhubarb in a shallow saucepan and mix with orange juice and maple syrup.
- Cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Combine amaranth, coconut (flour & dessicated), baking powder and cinnamon.
- Whisk eggs, skim milk & orange zest in a bowl then gently fold in the dry mix.
- When the rhubarb is cooled, fold through the muffin mix reserving 6 pieces for the top of each muffin.
- Divide between a 6 hole muffin tray lined with greaseproof paper or muffin cases, top with the reserved rhubarb and bake for 22 minutes at 180 degrees