Baby beetroot & bean salad
This salad is a nutritious and flavourful side dish that's perfect for any meal. It's dressed with a simple vinaigrette which adds a sweet and tangy flavour to the salad.
- 1 bunch baby beetroot
- 50 g podded broad beans fresh, or frozen are fine
- 40 g low fat feta
- 2 handfuls leafy greens/salad mix (40g)
- 1/2 cup drained and rinsed cannellini beans
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp red wine vinegar
- optional parsley or fresh herbs
- Peel the baby beetroots
- Using a mandolin slice and mix with one teaspoon of oil and 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar, set aside in bowl.
- Toss together the salad leaves, broad beans, feta & cannellini beans with the remaining oil and vinegar.
- Gently mix the baby beetroot and salad