All Natural Banana Bread
Banana bread is a very naughty food, I’m not going to lie. It’s one of those take-away wonders that you can easily pick up with your morning cuppa and inhale within seconds. It’s full of sugar, high G.I. carbohydrates and very little nutritional value. It’s even got a deceiving name; it’s not bread, it’s essentially banana cake. A regular store-bought slice has over 300 calories and up to 20 teaspoons of sugar. Ouch!However, what if I told you that you can transform this dangerously-addictive treat into something super healthy? Indeed, you can.With the launch of this new website, I am excited to kick off a new section where we’ll feature a healthy, delicious and fuss-free recipe each month. This month, I’m presenting a healthy version of one of your favourite sweet treats, courtesy Steph Lowe from The Natural Nutritionist. This All Natural Banana Bread is gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar free, but I promise you that none of your friends or family members will ever notice what’s not in it.
Servings: 12 slices
- 2 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 4 eggs, free range
- 1/4 cup extra virgin cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Add to the dry mix with oil, rice malt syrup and vanilla. Stir thoroughly.
- Add mashed banana and combine well.
- Pour into a lightly greased loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until it passes the skewer test.
- Allow to cool before removing from the pan. This should make 12 slices and freeze well.
- Delicious served warm with a touch of organic butter. Enjoy!