Recently I appeared on Mornings With Kerri-Anne to discuss how we can burn more fat during our workouts and through our diet. Watch the 3:24min clip below.
My Top 5 Tips for Burning More Fat:
- Train before Breakfast, on an empty stomach: Studies show you burn more fat training on an empty stomach and your metabolism stays boosted for up to 15 hours after you train. That covers you over breakfast, lunch and even dinner!
- Interval training: Building up the intensity of a cardiovascular activity to close to a 10/10, then giving yourself a recovery. For example my treadmill interval training program
- Running is the BEST fat burner around: Try to teach yourself how to run. The Couch to 5k is a great ‘learn to run’ program, building you up steadily over 9 weeks.
- Build lean muscle mass: The more lean muscle you have on your body, the faster your metabolism. Try to incorporate weight training into your program at least two days per week.
- No carbs at night: I am a carboholic and love them! They are not your enemy, however if you are wanting to maximise your fat burning then steer clear of them at night. They get converted to blood sugar very quickly, triggering the production of fat storing hormones such as insulin. Remember, no bread before bed, no white at night!
Do you have any fat burning tips that have worked for you in the past?