Knowing that chocolate can actually help us lose weight, I think it’s safe to post this recipe for all my sweet-tooth readers. It’s gluten-free and cane sugar-free, if that makes a brownie sound any better? Thought so.
This decadent raspberry brownie recipe is from my regular guest contributor, The Natural Nutritionist.
- 1 cup macadamia or almond flour (or finely ground macadamias, in a food processor or blender)
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼- ½ cup rice malt syrup, depending on your desired sweetness (can substitute with manuka honey too)
- 1 cup raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs and add with remaining wet ingredients, saving raspberries until last.
- Make sure wet and dry ingredients are thoroughly combined. Carefully fold through raspberries.
- Spread into a lined cake tin and cook for 20-25 minutes, checking regularly so as not to overcook the brownie. It is even better slightly soft (and gooey!) in the middle.
- Cool before serving and if there are any leftovers, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.