Happy Australia Day!
These babies are a tradition in this country and it’s almost rude to not eat any (or bake yourself, if you can) for Aussie Day weekend.
Here’s my favourite (and HEALTHY) lamington recipe. I’m baking two batches this weekend, and so should you. Have the best weekend.
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp manuka honey or a sweetener of your choice (rice malt syrup, maple syrup, stevia, whatever fancies you)
1/4 cup melted butter
3 Tsp instant espresso coffee powder
1/2 cup coconut flour (this will make the cake super spongy)
2 Tsp baking powder
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1-2 cups Shredded or desiccated coconut for rolling
For the chocolate ganache:
100 g dark eating chocolate (make sure it’s 70 – 85 % cocoa, chopped and then melted)
1/4 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 160 C / 320 F.
- Whip the eggs, vanilla and honey for 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Pour in the butter with the eggs still whipping and mix well.
- Combine coffee powder and boiling water together in a cup, allow to cool a little, then add to the mixture and mix well.
- Add the coconut flour and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Pour lamington cake mix into a baking tin lined completely with baking paper or greased well.
- Sprinkle the raspberries evenly over the top.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool for 30 minutes before lifting out from the tin to completely cool. Divide cake into 20-25 mini squares.
- Now for the ganache, heat the milk in a small pan until almost boiling. Turn off the heat.
- Add the chocolate and stir it through the coconut until you have a smooth silky ganache.
- Cover each square of lamington with a little chocolate ganache with a small knife on all sides.
- Roll each square in the shredded coconut and put in the fridge to set for 30-40 minutes.